What's new
Anthro World Forum

This is an anthropology forum where we cover all sorts of topics and discussions. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts. Register today to become a member!

PERSIANS ARE LIGHTER THAN LEVANTINES

Le-Fuckeur

Staff member
Persians and Lebanese have big overlap with each other . but that overlap is not much known by many people in forums

but Iran is big and diverse so it is hard to make a general statement . some iranians are curry-oid

idklolimo

Eskiden İranlıları Punjabis, Levantenleri de Körfez Araplarına benzediklerini düşünürdüm. Sanırım haksız çıktım

Flik

Maybe because a sizeable minority of levantines are christians and for people in the internet, christian = lighter and Jesus looked nordic.

Maj313

Maybe because a sizeable minority of levantines are christians and for people in the internet, christian = lighter and Jesus looked nordic.
No, Levantine Muslims are just as light, at least that’s my experience in where I live

Maj313

From my experience Shaamis/Levantines are lighter than Persians and look more euro, it makes sense considering they’re further west and closer to Europe. With Iranians, some look white or pass as levant but I’ve met many who I thought were afghan, Pakistani, Indian and even gulf Arab. This my experience meeting Iranians and Arabs in America.

Le-Fuckeur

Staff member
From my experience Shaamis/Levantines are lighter than Persians and look more euro, it makes sense considering they’re further west and closer to Europe. With Iranians, some look white or pass as levant but I’ve met many who I thought were afghan, Pakistani, Indian and even gulf Arab. This my experience meeting Iranians and Arabs in America.

most iranians i have met dont look afghan/pak/indian/gulf . and i have met many . however i am aware that there are iranians like that . iran is a huge country and diverse . but the "normal" northwest asian looking iranians are not darker or more exotic looking than levantines .

and levant being more west geographically doesnt mean they look more european. they dont look more european than us Kurds . also Georgia is more east geographically than levant yet they are whiter than allnof us

Ben Dover

Staff member
Country
India
and levant being more west geographically doesnt mean they look more european. they dont look more european than us Kurds . also Georgia is more east geographically than levant yet they are whiter than allnof us
Exactly, by that logic the Levant borders Africa so they should be the most exotic ones